Sunday, March 23, 2008

Donahue vs Darcy



I can sum this battle up in 5 words, "Donahue, you is my boo!"

I love me some Donahue. Have since I was knee high to a grasshopper. And he just gets better and better and better ....
How does he stand up to Darcy?

Friends, I'munna need your help!

Darcy and Donahue----snacky double D.

So different. So loveable.

English v Irish---not a battle I'll be taking on---but one well documented elsewhere.

See....Donahue is a woman's man. There's no getting 'round it.
Not in a shaken-not-stirred or Cptn. Kirk-ish way---OH NO! He is redefines the phrase by offering the first (and finest) example known to woman-kind of the sensitive new-age man or SNAG. Open-minded. At ease with himself; engaged in the world; and the unparalelled King Midas of conversation - which is quite a gauntlet to Darcy's inability to recommend himself to strangers. That's a peg down for Darcy-- at least as far as this verbally titillated lady is concerned.

DD (darling Darcy) will have to get up early in the morning to unseat Phil from his toasty/hosty-throne.

The ballte's a tough one. They're quite equal in the baby blues department and fairly well-matched when it comes to loving a feminist making waves in her own world. (Well played Marlo! Hurrah Lizzie!)

Let's hear what the gentlemen have to say.

Hand the mic to Phil:

Is it any wonder that for millions of men the only intimacy is physical, silent, and predictable?
Phil Donahue

Marlo taught me things I thought I knew.
Phil Donahue

Mic to Darcy

Mr. Darcy: But not half a dozen would satisfy my notion of an accomplished woman.


Friends, you'll have to weigh in on this one. It's just too tough for me to call.

1 comment:

R. J. said...

If I'm being honest with you, which I am, and if I am speaking as an uberheterosexual male who's adored women to a palpably (get me?) painful degree since first laying immature eyes on Dagmar's twin torpedoes of mass destruction, which once again I am, then I must cast my vote with Darcy on the basis of Colin Firth's being among the half dozen men I'd date, the aforesaid notwithstanding. I admire Donahue, make no mistake. But for me, he's just not dating material, dawg.