Saturday, March 15, 2008

DARCY V. LYMAN






This, friends, is the battle that started it all. Babes in Pemberly Woods struggled with this one. Our discourse went a little like this:
S: Is MR. Darcy hotter than Josh Lyman? That's what's keeping me up nights.
J: Yes, but only marginally so.
S: You're right--- Darcy is a real man with a house and all---Lyman is a man/boy with an addictive personality
J: Right! Also, I feel like mr. darcy is more socially presentable. it might just be because he's taller, though.

WOOrds, WOOrds, WOOrds

Darcy: "I certainly have not the talent which some possess... of conversing easily with those I have never seen before. I cannot catch their tone of conversation, or appear interested in their concerns, as I often see done"

Lyman:Let me tell you something, mi compadre. You guys have been coddled. I'm not your girlfriend, I'm not your camp counselor, and I'm not your sixth grade teacher you had a crush on. I'm a graduate of Harvard and Yale and I believe that my powers of debate can rise to meet the Socratic wonder that is the White House Press Corps.
[heads to the podium]

Darcy: My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.

Lyman: All I'm saying is, if you were in an accident, I wouldn't stop to get a beer.

No comments: